Men’s Health – Well Person Screening
A full range of screening tests for common and less common medical disorders are available at this surgery.
Our philosophy is to avoid giving you a battery of unnecessary, and sometimes unhelpful tests.
This is followed by a targeted examination that will generally include measurement of:
- Body Mass Index (weight for height ratio)
- Blood Pressure
- Heart and Lung Check
- Abdominal check
This will then lead to a rational choice of screening tests which may include:
- Blood tests- Blood count, Biochemistry, Cholesterol, Iron, Thyroid, Prostate.
- Urine analysis
- ECG (cardiogram)
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Lung Function
- Sensory Function (hearing, eyesight, neurology)
- X-ray and Ultrasound or other Scanning (this is done off site.)
Men’s health screening requires a special appointment. Please ask your GP, Nurse or at Reception.